Heat things up this winter with Salsa Sarah
and Salsa for the Soul!
Starting TUESDAY, January 13th, join us for our
Just for Couples Salsa Dance Class for Beginners
This class will focus on relationship building and deepening through the art and language of Salsa dancing.
- how to properly touch and hold each other in the closed partner dancing position
- how the follower follows the lead through receptivity, intuition, and connecting within their own body
- how the lead appropriately and successfully leads the follower in a way that feels great and amazing for you both!
We’ll be focusing on a syllabus style teaching method introduced by Edie “The Salsa Freak!!”, where moves build on each other. We won’t be learning crazy combinations you won’t remember, but teaching you moves that are fun for the leader and the follower!
Just for Couples Salsa Dance Classes for Beginners with Salsa Sarah: 6 Week Session
Tuesdays January 13th – February 17th
7:30pm – 8:30pm
6 Week Session: $170 per couple
Details about Salsa for the Soul Classes:
- 6 week sessions that build progressively each class
- You will learn Basic footwork, turns, styling and partner work PLUS the MUST KNOWS of how to dance successfully with a partner!
- All are welcome
- Payments made in full on line or at the first class of each session, no refunds. In person, cash please
- Classes start promptly at times listed above
- Location: Configuration Dance Theater, 230 Lexington Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222. Entrance on the Ashland side of the building.
- Please bring a clean pair of smooth soled shoes to dance in and/or a comfortable pair of socks. (No black or dark brown soled shoes with rubber bottoms that could scuff the floor.)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- PRE-REGISTER by clicking the “Buy Now” button on this page!
Salsa for the Soul Classes focus on teaching you how to:
- Move with fluidity and grace
- Feel confident dancing with different partners
- Find and Feel the rhythm of Latin music
- Dance in time with the music
- Lead and follow with great technique so you can dance with anyone around the world!
- Move your body in the style of Latin dancing
- Solo with shines and fancy footwork during song breaks
- Turn properly and with good technique
- Feel your body and connect with your body so you feel good while dancing
- Enjoy the feeling, rhythm and timing of Latin dancing
- Have fun while dancing within yourself, with your partner and the world around you
- I also encourage you to become a part of our Facebook community, a space where you will have access to interviews and posts about amazing Latin dance teachers and be able to connect with fellow salsa dancers. Click here to like my Salsa for the Soul Facebook page and get connected!
We teach L.A. on1 style of salsa dancing, Cuban style, and N.Y. Mambo on2 shines, which add more flare and flavor to your social dancing.