Photo taken by Travis Widrick
Join us for our NEXT Salsa for the Soul 6 Week Session!
We’re focusing on a syllabus style teaching method introduced by Edie “The Salsa Freak!!”, where moves build on each other. We won’t be learning crazy combinations you won’t remember, but teaching you moves that are fun for the leader and follower!
Below are all the details:
Winter Salsa Classes: 6 Week Session
Here are the dates listed below:
6 Week Intermediate Partner Salsa Class $85:
Thursdays March 6th – April 10th
Learn intermediate lead-able partner combinations plus advanced technique and musicality (how to hit the beats and musical variations in each song) that will take your dancing to the NEXT LEVEL!
6 Week Beginner Salsa Class $85:
Thursdays March 6th – April 10th
Basic footwork, turns, styling and partner work PLUS the MUST KNOWS of how to dance successfully with a partner!
Ladies Latin Styling Class $120:
Mondays February 24th – March 31st
Click here for all the details for Ladies Latin Styling
Ladies, you will learn and practice the basics of how to style and move your body with flare, precision and intention while looking good and feeling great in your body while solo and partner dancing.
Details about Salsa for the Soul Classes:
- 6 week sessions that build progressively each class
- Payments made in full at the first class of each session, no refunds, cash please
- Classes start promptly at times listed above
- Location: Configuration Dance Theater, 230 Lexington Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222. Entrance on the Ashland side of the building.
- Singles welcome as we rotate partners
- Please bring a clean pair of smooth soled shoes to dance in and/or a comfortable pair of socks. (No black or dark brown soled shoes with rubber bottoms that could scuff the floor.)
- Wear comfortable clothing
PRE-REGISTER by emailing Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org now!
Space Limited-Register TODAY!
Location: Configuration Dance Studio 230 Lexington Ave. Buffalo, NY 14222, On the corner of Lexington and Ashland. Entrance on Ashland
Salsa for the Soul Classes focus on teaching you how to:
- Find and Feel the rhythm in Latin music
- Dance in time with the music
- Lead and follow with great technique so you can dance with anyone around the world!
- Move your body in the style of Latin dancing
- Solo with shines and fancy footwork during song breaks
- Turn properly and with good technique
- Feel your body and connect with your body so you feel good while dancing
- Enjoy the feeling, rhythm and timing of Latin dancing
- Have fun while dancing within yourself, with your partner and the world around you
I also encourage you to become a part of our Facebook community, a space where you will have access to interviews and posts about amazing Latin dance teachers and be able to connect with fellow salsa dancers. Click here to like my Salsa for the Soul Facebook page and get connected!
We teach L.A. on1 style of salsa dancing, Cuban style, and N.Y. Mambo on2 shines, which add more flare and flavor to your social dancing.
Singles welcome, partners rotate during class.
Before taking the Intermediate level class, you must take one Beginner session or more with Salsa for the Soul (handled on a case by case basis).
Couples welcome who want to dance with each other solely.